Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Programs, Programs, Programs!!!

OH man it has been a busy education program for Liberty Wildlife.Tons of programs every week consisting of booths and formal presentations for schools, boy scouts, fundraisers etc. I have been signing up for as many programs as possible and working with all the birds on my level.Through my training I have learned so many things about Arizona Wildlife! The things our animals do to  live and thrive is absolutely fantastic! Red Tail Hawks have developed special hunting techniques to use for rattlesnakes to make sure they can get a meal without being bit!  Check out this video by National Geographic to see a red tail in action.



Also a Great Horned Owl can hear a mouse chewing grass from a football field length's away because of their special ears and the way they are able to triangulate noise! These are just a few examples of Az adaptions but  I highly recommend reading up on some animals in your area and learn about what they use to help thrive in their habitat.

Below are some pics of me doing some fun education stuff! I really enjoy reaching out to people and teaching them about the wild world we live in! Who knows if something I teach them will stick with them for life and help them make a difference in the environment.  :)




Snickers the Great Horned Owl 

Acoma the Red Tail Hawk ( My favorite bird!)


Henrietta the Barn Owl

PS Liberty Wildlife's annual fundraiser Wishes for Wildlife is coming up in early May! Stay tuned to their blog and here for more information on what you can do to help support Liberty Wildlife! We are also having a motorcycle fundraiser and raffle in March  for Liberty. Check out Two Gals Event Planning to enter to win a 2011 Soft Tail Deluxe motorcycle! And finally check out my fellow Liberty friend Balinda's blog to read her experiences at Liberty!




No comments:

Post a Comment